Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New Sound: Ripple Cut 1: Assorted Indulgence


Ripple Cut 1: Assorted Indulgence by Steve.Be.

  Well, well, well...If it isn't my boy Steve Be., dropping his first solo mixtape, Ripple Cut 1: Assorted Indulgence.  Steve & I go way back to rapping in the dorms at VT together.  I always put pen to paper, but Steve was the motivation to verbalize the analogies, and that's something I will always appreciate him for.  Fast forward a few years, I revisit the mic as a hobby when (rarely) inspired and Steve Be. is continuing his dream of making a living out of it. He's currently doing the local circuit in the 757 (Va Beach to be specific), but it's only a matter of time before his reach broadens.



  The concept of this MixEP is a quick, easily digestible collection of cool beats and colder lyrics.  Named after Steve's love for potato chips, Ripple Cut serves as a bite sized dose of hip hop for those needing a snack.  With a running time of 34 minutes, I think his brevity alleviated excess.

  Steve hosted a campus radio station and played one of my songs.  I didn't ask him to, but because he wanted to share it, he did.  So, as one good turn deserves another, I want to share some quality music with the people I have within my range.  Keep doing it, bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment