Friday, November 12, 2010

Extra Thought: Mood Muzik 4 Edition

  Joe Budden & Gnarls Barkley (Cee-Lo) are the best at putting out cleverly put, introspective, honest songs (my opinion...but it's a fact. Look it up on Yahoo Answers, I'll wait).  Mood Muzik 4 is more of the same from Joey, and if you listen to lyrics you will catch some jewels.

  One of which is this line from 1000 faces:

"...what hurts more: the act of being cut off or realizing that your two cents wasn't worth more?"

  I've been through this many times.  Whether it be a significant other, a close friend or family member, you become accustomed to being involved in that person's life.  You might just be a shoulder to cry on, a person to vent to, or looked to for advice but the bond that you form with that person in the process is deeper and more profound.  The fact that somebody trusts you enough to share the not so pleasant parts of their life with you and (at times) values your assessment of it is a...validating experience.  Not so much as an ego boost, but more so as a confirmation that you can be allowed into someone's life & provide support for them.

Smoking isn't cool, but check out the album here



  If, for whatever reason, that other person decides to stop letting you into their life...it's a bit of a shock.  You still want to reach out to that person and let them know that you care and will still be there for them if they need it...but those words just fall on def ears.  That's a sobering feeling.  Like, how did someone that wanted me to have their back and be aware of their personal situations now not want anything to do with me? Did I give poor advice or abuse their trust?  etc, etc.

  Having your opinion devalued isn't as bad as being cut off, in my opinion.  I have friends that I know not to ask advice from because I know they will give bad advice.  However, since I'm still close with them, they know my life.  With that said, I feel like I could take not being asked for advice easier (even though all of my advice is Patron, and therefore needs to be taken with a few grains of salt, lime suggested but not required).

  Cutting somebody out of your life is the most drastic thing you can do.  At that point, it doesn't matter what your actions imply, because you could careless what that person thinks of you or their place in your life.  It has happened to me & I've done it to others.  Looking back, it's not always easy to justify why it happened...but you are kinda set in that decision, and all you can do is ride with it.

  Ultimately though, I believe it's the expectation (Key word when it comes to any kind of relationship) that you will be a part of somebody's life at that same magnitude for the foreseeable future that causes the most shock.  You subconsciously set expectations everyday based off of past experiences and when they aren't met, it's like the world lied to you.  Some lies are smaller and easily swallowed...others can make you climb a building butt naked, slide down a razor blade into a pool of rubbing alcohol and tongue kiss a lizard...(yeah, it gets that deep sometimes).

  Let me know how far off I am from being accurate in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment