Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm Taking My Talents to Blogger!!!

   If you haven't been fully introduced to me yet, you don't know that I'm a very multifaceted person...translation for the simple folks: I do a lot of different things and use big words. One of which is write poetry.

Bonus points to anybody that gets this (Pic courtesy of www.durfree.net)

  Like most men, my topics are usually centered around females.  From the highs of passion, the lows of heart broken devastation, and the mids of reluctant acceptance.  Some of which is taken from an exact situation, to the point where I can give you a real life example to match every metaphor. Others are complete conjecture made to be identifiable to someone other than myself.

  Sometimes I like to revisit things I've written in the past to reflect on where I was...sometimes I get surprised when I realize I feel the same way about a new situation as I did the years earlier when I wrote that piece.  If the piece was positive, I feel satisfied that I'm back in that hot tub of romance with a new young lady.  If the piece was not so positive, I try to figure out why females drive me to insanity...but more often than not, I relate to the past heartbreak and realize that I've already jumped this hurdle before and that I can do it again...and land in another hot tub.



  With all that being said, I'd like to leave you with some selections of my work.  One positive, one negative...this way all the toilet seat philosophers (because they always trying to figure sh!t out) won't jump to any conclusions about my mental state (Fun Little Fact: I don't have a mental state, I have mental countries because my mind is constantly moving from one thing to the next).  Leave a comment if they move you to do so.
------------------------------------------
Piece 1

You told me we were through
Not with your words, but with the things you do
I can't help it, but I still think about you
I tried to move on, but what am I to do
I just can't find a cure for my fever for you
You're a dove, and it's like I caught the bird flu
Because when I'm about to go to bed, I think about you
When I cook myself noodles, I think about you
When I look in her eyes, I think about you
When I hold her hand, I think about you
The sprinkler in my heart must have some mildew
From attempting to extinguish the fire I still have for you
If there was something more I could have done, then I had no clue
So I couldn't solve the mystery of how to keep you
Every time we interacted is under review
So I can find out if there is anything else I can do
Maybe an invitation to a last rendezvous
I'll have one last thing to say, after that, I'm through
So I can tear out my heart, and hand it to you
I won't mean to drip blood all over your shoes
But only its true owner has the power to subdue
The feelings of overwhelming rejection that festered and grew
I know you're riding down life's highway with some other dude
I just wonder if you still look for me in your rear view

-----------------------------------------------------
Piece 2

A romantic moment, the backdrop is the night sky
You ask me what I’m thinking as I look into your eyes
I try to turn my thoughts to words, but it comes as no surprise
That the words I’m choosing aren’t enough to show you what’s inside
You hurricane’d my heart.  My own personal class 5
Destroying the levies I’ve built up to keep feelings inside
I love you unconditionally, mentally and physically
Your spirit enriches me, calms down my trouble seas
Without you in my life, a mere statue is what I am
No heart, no soul, just another mannequin
Walking and talking, but not truly alive
Resurrected every time your name crosses my mind
I’ve spent dreamless nights longing to be with you
Because when you smile, you make all my dreams come true
That’s a complicated answer, so just to simplify
I’ll say that I’m blessed, just to have you by my side.

4 comments:

  1. *toilet seat philosophizing* because you posted the sad one first, i think you are really sad but trying to cover it up with the happy. bam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, stick with me. I fail about as often as black history month gets an extra day.

    Brie, I actually posted them in the order in which they we written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first poem made me sad :( way to go Brodie...way to go.


    btw this is Danni James *waves* heeeyyyy

    ReplyDelete