Friday, August 20, 2010

The LeBron of Softball

  Today I filled in on a coed softball team with a few co-workers.  I was a little reluctant to do it at first, because it was about a 30 minute drive from my place.  So as I was walking to the field, I see my friend Jamal walking to his car.  Turns out, the team I was filling in on was playing against a team of my friends that I decided not to play with (because of the distance, not because I don't like them...really...I'm serious...why would you even consider that?).  So needless to say, they felt a little betrayed by my appearance...I got shouted at by a chick I didn't even know.  Well, that wasn't going to stop me form fulfilling my agreement & helping the other team achieve victory.

  Side Note: I wonder if it will be this awkward when LeBron rolls into NY and stomps the Knicks.  They did so much to lure him there and they will still remember the heartbreak when they play the Heat. Probably not, LeBron doesn't have any friends on the Knicks...that I know of anyway...he may have some new ones, but as of last month when he was dog-sitting for me, he said he didn't (Yeah, that's right, I pay LeBron James $20/day to dog-sit...He doesn't need the money, he just uses it as an excuse to name drop me in conversation.)

  Afterward, I went out for some food with the friends I just helped hand an L to.  Turns out the team is pretty cool.  We ended up joking around and taking pictures (too many) in this little pizza spot for the rest of the night.
     
  Side Note: The service was stupid. Chick that waited on us looked like Kima from The Wire, so she had that going for her...but she didn't do anything for us.  We had to rearrange tables to fit, we had to clean them, we got 1 round of water refills, and we had to wait forever to get the bill with the gratuity included...But I digress.

The chick that shouted at me...shouting

  More pictures below & no, I don't know how to make the pics go in a straight line:

 Playing with effects
"Well...apparently, we have a rapist in Lincoln Park"
Can you spot our waitress?  We couldn't either
They made a joke about us all gritting to make us laugh...Damn Terrorist
Team Rottweiler: Classy in Defeat
Team Cheeks
Dom approves, Jamal is just happy to be there
Great job, all around

3 comments: